Sunday 1 April 2012

Carrot and donkey...hmph.

Well, I spoke to my boss. She wasn't surprised I wanted to quit with how hectic things are at work just now, she asked me to consider working part time instead. I've accepted her offer because it means I still have some money coming in but I won't be there every single day and there's a chance for me to get some of my life back. The only drawback is, she wants me to continue on in my role even though I am part time. I've explained the reasons why, and that the role I have now is the main reason for me dropping my hours, but she isn't getting it. I guess if it's only 2 days per week it's not a huge issue and I'll just have to learn to delegate to other people, although not everyone will like it. Plus it goes against my principle of not being in a senior role if I am part time, what right do I have to tell full time staff what to do? I will just have to see how it pans out, hopefully I won't have to go back to full time in three months, I'm crossing everything that the agency comes through for me. I should get my new rota finalised tomorrow so I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing when. I have my first shift in th pub tonight, it's more of a training session to see how it goes but I'm calling it a nights work, my shifts proper start towards the end of this month, only 2 days per week but it's better than nothing! Really looking forward to it but nervous at the same time, is it possible to pull a pint wrong?!

1 comment: